1887 - 2022
The Stone Chapel, built in 1887, was constructed with field stones donated by area farmers on land donated by
John Lambert, who owned the nearby grist and cider mill. The chapel, which was originally constructed to be used as a Sunday School for area children, had its first day of official use recorded as Christmas Day, 1888. It was first used as a Sunday school in 1889. The total cost of the chapel was $1,500, which did not include the cost of furniture or shed for buggies.
(Susan Aymar, founder of the original Willow Grove Sunday School in 1826.)
The memorial window was donated by Rachel DeCamp in memory of her parents, Simeon and Freelove Lambert. The original bell is still used on Sunday mornings to call people to worship. It was donated in 1887 by Dr. J. Ackerman Coles.
by: Rev. Dr. LL DuBreuil
Stone Chapel Open House and Bake Sale
May 20, 2023
First Service in the Completed Chapel Renovations
November 20, 2022
Photo credits: Sue Buchanan and Wilma Sinnock
Photos credits: Doris Dias
Photo credits: Wilma Sinnock